Pad Thai NoodlesCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
Noodles are as important to Thailand as pasta is to Italy. Here is the national dish – Pad (meaning fried). You can use the Madhuban curry sauce just on its own like a pasta sauce, or you can add some or all of the optional ingredients suggested here. Traditional Pad Thai is slightly sweet and it doesn’t use curry sauce, although this version works very well.
125g egg or rice noodles, dried or fresh
250g (half pot) Madhuban Thai Red Curry Sauce
1 red bell pepper, cut into small diamonds
50g fresh bean sprouts
4 baby sweetcorn, halved longways
1 tablespoon brown sugar or palm sugar (optional)
50g roasted peanuts, crushed (optional)
50g cooked white chicken meat, shredded (optional)
3 tablespoons white crab meat (optional)
3 tablespoons cooked baby prawns (optional)
- Put the noodles into ample boiling water in a saucepan
- Follow the instructions on the noodle pack to get them cooked and drained
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, bring the curry sauce to the simmer
- Add the pepper, bean sprouts and sweetcorn, and when hot add the drained
noodles, and any of the optional items required.
- Noodles do not freeze particularly well.