Prawn or Fish Curry
Cuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Prawns are absolutely delicious in curries, giving a firm bite and a gorgeous taste. Raw prawns require between 8 to 15 minutes to cook, depending on size, and can be cooked using the timings of previous chicken recipe. Cooked prawns merely need to be heated right through and therefore take just a few minutes to cook. Fish can also be cooked using this recipe.
675g (1 1/2 lb) cooked peeled prawns or king prawns
485g pot Madhuban Sauce
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander (optional)
Garnish (optional) some toasted almond flakes
Some curls of fresh coconut
A coriander leaf or two
- Thoroughly mix the prawns with the sauce in a large wok, karahi or saucepan.
- Put the pan onto a stove ring at medium heat, and stir as required until the contents are simmering.
- Stir in the optional coriander, add a little water if it needs loosening. Cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve with the optional garnish, and accompany your dish with other curries, rice and chutneys.
- This curry freezes well after cooking. Halve the quantities to cook two portions, and quarter them for one.