Tom YumCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
In Thailand soup is served with the main course. Tom Yum is a spicy and delicious example. You can buy a Tom Yum paste for this soup, but here is a crafty way to use a little Madhuban sauce instead.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
6 tablespoons Madhuban Thai Red Curry Sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 mushrooms, quartered
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan
- Reduce heat to achieve a rolling simmer
- Heat the oil and stir fry the garlic and curry sauce for 30 seconds
- Add everything to the water, and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Soup freezes well after cooking and cooling.